Contest champion, featured handicapper and seminar host at Daily Racing Form and Nassau (NY) OTB, Author: Winning Angles A to Z, Director of Player Development at Nassau (NY) OTB NOEL MICHAELS - A new voice in handicapping; a new level of winning.
The author of the popular "A Closer Look" handicapping column and the youngest full-time handicapper ever employed by DRF, Noel Michaels is the nation's most celebrated handicapping tournament player. Despite his young age Noel is well known for his turf handicapping prowess and has an impressive list of credentials, including penning the coveted manual, "The Handicapping Contest Handbook (DRF Press) and being an on-going contributor for both The Horseplay Magazine and American Turf Monthly.
Having graduated from the University of Arizona's Race Track Industry Program, Noel Michaels is the current Director of Player Development for Nassau County (NY) OTB and the Race Palace and has been a well-respected handicapper for Daily racing Forum for more than a decade. He has been a familiar face on such television and radio broadcasts as: Racing Forum with Noel Michaels, New York City OTB Extra, The Racing Network, Daily Racing Forum News Desk, and Race Day Las Vegas with Ralph Siraco.
Known for finding value, Noels top documented wins as a public handicapper include venues such as the Breeders' Cup Classic 2002 and the Kentucky Derby 2001.
Ron Rippey, 2006 NTRA/DRF National Handicapping Champion, calls Noel's reputation as a handicapper "unparalleled in today's winner's circle." While John Avello, Las Vegas oddsmaker states that "Personality, integrity, and an acute mind are just a few of the many attributes of Noel Michaels."
Claim your rightful spot in the Winner's Circle, purchase Noel Michael's legendary horse race picks or sign up for his free horse race selections, delivered straight to your inbox.
Claim your rightful spot in the Winner's Circle, purchase Noel Michael's legendary horse race picks or sign up for his free horse race selections.
MEET NOEL MICHAELS
A new voice in handicapping - A new level of winning
- The county's most well-known handicapping tournament player
- Currently the handicapper for the country's premier OTB race book, the Race Palace
- Director of player development for Nassau County (NY) OTB and the Race Palace
- Handicapper for Daily Racing Form for 12 years
- Youngest full-time handicapper ever hired by DRF
- Handicapping analysis for several circuits
(NY, So Calif, No Calif, Fla, Chicago)
- Nat'l Stakes Handicapper at www.DRF.com online.
- Wrote the "A Closer Look" handicapping columns
- The world's leading expert on handicapping contests and writing the bible on the subject "The Handicapping Contest Handbook (DRF Press)
- Managing Editor of American Turf Monthly magazine (1996-98)
- Contributor for The Horseplayer Magazine, and American Turf Monthly (ongoing)
- Frequent annual guest at Siro's handicapping seminars at Saratoga
- University of Arizona Race Track Industry Program graduate
Television and radio credits
(regular host or guest on the shows and networks below)
- Current weekly TV show:
Racing Forum with Noel Michaels
(Long Island Cablevision)
- TVG Network
- HRTV Network
- TRN, The Racing Network
- Daily Racing Form News Desk
- New York City OTB Extra
- Horsin' Around TV (Chicago)
- NYRA's Talkin' Horses
- Saratoga Paddock Club
- WAVE TV 3, NBC Louisville
- KOLO TV 8, ABC Reno
- Race Day Las Vegas w/ Ralph Siraco
- Dave Johnson (Celebrity race caller) "Noel Michaels has done a great service to serious and casual horseplayers alike."
- Bob Neumeier (NBC Sports commentator) "Provides excellent insight."
- Chet Coppock (syndicated sports radio host) "Excellent handicapper. Great."
- John Conte (Grass is greener handicapper) "Noel is a class act and a gentleman."
- Roger Sutton (jockey agent for Mike Smith) "I call Noel the Doctor of Handicapping, because he's always on call. Racing is his job 24 hours a day, seven days a week."
- John Avello (Las Vegas oddsmaker) "Personality, integrity and an acute mind are just a few of the many attributes of Noel Michaels. My dealings with Noel involving race and sports have been positive and successful and I wouldn't hesitate to use his services again."
- Chris Eggers (Race and Sports Director, Bally's-Las Vegas) "Noel is a respected figure in the industry, and a very successful handicapper."
- Bill Nader (Senior VP, Chief Operating Officer The New York Racing Association Inc.) "I have known Noel Michaels for a decade and know him to be an astute and informed handicapper and a person of high character and integrity. I would strongly recommend his services."
- Ron Rippey (2006 NTRA/DRF National Handicapping Champion) "Noel Michaels' reputation as a handicapper is unparralleled in today's winner's circle"
- Dave Tuley (Daily Racing Form Sports and Gaming Reporter) "Noel Michaels 'bears down' and does the work."
Top documented wins as a public handicapper include
||Breeders' Cup Classic 2002 |
|Lemon Drop Kid
||Belmont Stakes 1999|
||Breeders' Cup Juvenile 2004|
|Better Talk Now
||Breeders' Cup Turf 2004|
|Action This Day
||Breeders' Cup Juvenile 2003|
||Kentucky Derby 1995|
|Lil E. Tee
||Kentucky Derby 1992|
||Kentucky Derby 2001|
- Former Daily Racing Form sports betting columnist from 1998-2005
- College and pro football handicapper for the Daily Racing Form
- DRF college football selections showed a positive ROI every year
- Had a college football winning percentage over 60% in DRF from 1998-2000
- Football handicapper for Winning Points Football handicapping writer for Sports Reporter
- Contributing writer, Las Vegas Sports Consultants
- Guest spots on several radio shows including:
- Chet Coppock Show (syndicated)
- Pappa Joe Chevalier Show (syndicated)
- Race and Sports Radio w/ Felix Taverna (San Diego KOGO 660)
- Known for finding value
- Known for turf handicapping prowess